My Blog List

Friday, March 8, 2013

Our Poor Little Man!

Poor Makai has had a rash for the past 3 weeks.  Actually, today starts the 4th week.  It started on his behind and now is all over his body.  I took him to the doctor after a week and a half and she thought it could be Pityriasis Rosea, a virus, but after more research I think he has Fifths Disease. 
It is worst at night.  this is while I was getting him ready for bed.  He also looks awful just after a bath. 

His sad little face.  He is being a trooper. (oh, and for the record, I did clean his face before putting him to bed.)

Just a good picture of what he's having to put up with. 
I think it's fifth disease because he's also complaining about joint pain.  His knees and ankles seem to be bothering him.  However, two days ago he was riding his bike again and loving it, so he's on the mend.  I can't wait to see him healthy again. 
Doing research on this rash has been humbling and we are so thankful for the health our children have been blessed with.  Each day we have healthy kids is a blessing because any day that could be taken away.  This life is a gift.  I'm really coming to appreciate that reality. 
Love you bud!! 

3 comments:

Candi said...

Ouch! That poor guy. I hurt just looking at those pictures. Brandon asked if he got Fifths Disease from being the fifth child? What a theory, huh? I wish him a speedy recovery!

Jennifer said...

That rash looks just like Connors "hebegeebee" rash!!! His started in his diaper area too.

I didn't think Connors was 5th disease though...

and my dr. just told me the same thing too..."it's a virus". It took FOREVER to clear up too!!! I finally started crushing up L-lysine and giving it to him with juice in a sippy cup and that helped. I know I keep talking about l-lysine...but it does work!

Evan and Amber said...

Hey Kristin! I saw that you were reading my blog. Long time no see! I don't know if you knew this, but my husband just graduated from medical school and has a particular interest in dermatology. So naturally I showed him your post. He is wondering if the appearance of the rash has changed since he fist got the rash on his bum? Also what gets worse about it at night, does it hurt more, itch more, is there more of it?