My Blog List

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Kory's special lunch

Yesterday my mom called to see if she could take Kory out to lunch for his special birthday lunch. When I told him he was so excited. "Yeah, this is going to be so fun," he said,. As I got him ready he told me just where he wanted to go--McDonald's. He knew just what he wanted too--a happy meal with chicken nuggets, apples and chocolate milk, with of course an Astroboy toy. He had such a fun time. Afterward my mom took him to Target and he got to pick out a toy(even though she'd already gotten him a birthday gift. It's fun to be grandma). Along with his new toy she also bought the other boys colored pencils(drawing is one of their favorite past time) and some bubble gum. After they had each had a piece I told Kory to put his gum in a safe place. Obviously, he didn't put it in a safe enough spot. After dinner Trey disappeared for a long time. Finally he emerged from his room with the biggest smile I've ever seen on his face and cheeks that seemed mighty full. When he opened his mouth I swear he had about 5 pieces of bubble gum in his mouth. He was SOOO happy. It cracked me up. I went ahead and let him chew it as long as he wanted. I figured as long as he stayed out with me so I could be sure he didn't choke on the 5 pounds of gum in his mouth I'd let him live his dream!! Glad you enjoyed yourself buddy.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

How fun!! That's always the kids choice for lunch too!! :)

James and Cindy said...

oh that is so hillarious. I know when emjae disappers for a while and she's quiet I have to go find her cuz she's doing something she isn't suppose to either. Happy Birthday Kory

Jennifer said...

Mmmmm...bubble gum! I am surprised to not see drool running down Trey's face...he didn't let any flavor go to waste did he!

I love Grandma's...I have the best memories of doing special things with mine! Your mom is awesome!