My Blog List

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Are kids smarter these days?

So, yesterday Tyler came home from school with another tooth missing! Interestingly enough it fell out while he was writing a story about how he lost his first tooth, which happened at school as well! Anyway, last night I told him to put it under his pillow so the tooth fairy could come and give him some money! Kyle then said, "I don't think the tooth fairy is real. I just think mom and dad sneak into our room and put money under our pillow!" I was kind of taken back by his comment! I believed for way past...well his age!! He hasn't even lost a tooth! Poor kid! I still played along however telling them the tooth fairy never let me down! He may be willing to throw in the towel and stop the game, but not me! The tooth fairy left Tyler a dollar! I was a little mad when he said, "Ah man...just a dollar!" Kids these days! Hello...in my day a dollar was a big deal!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love your template! It looks great!
Seriously...the day the tooth fairy is required to bring more than a dollar is the day my kids are gonna have to stop believing!(Kaitlyn thinks a penny is a quater and I am not about to be the one to tell her otherwise!) My parents had me convinced that the tooth fairy lived out on that oil rig thingy that is out in the ocean by Huntington Beach! At night when it is all lite up it really looks like it could be the tooth fairy's castle where she changes all the teeth into money!

Your kids are just way too smart!

Michelle said...

Man, I'll take a dollar! There are a lot of good dollar menus out there these days! :) Cute story though and so was Jen's about the oil rig. :)

Mammy said...

This blog is so cool. I'm trying to make a "comment." We'll see if it works. Your pictures are amazing. Especially that very first group of pictures of the boys. By the way, I think Ryan (second child) was the first to be skeptical of the magic in our house. Something about that second child. . . I love your blog.

Anonymous said...

Kristin - this is Kellie Nowland (used to be Stoa). How are you?! I found your blog through another friends blog. Our blog is private, but email me if you'd like to check it out! Our email address is thenowfam@yahoo.com I'd love to hear from you!

Jennifer said...

Kristin would you quit making your blog look so dang cute already!!! :)

p.s. You are tagged on my blog