My Blog List

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

We love 2 help!


Yesterday I made a chart for my kids to help them with remembering to do their jobs around the house and to help me not always pick on the closest kid around. It's a lot like one my mom had for us growing up. Instead of calling it a chore chart I titled it, "We love 2 help!" That sounds less...well like I'm forcing them to do it! Anyway, Tyler is the first one to have dishes and last night he was such a great help! I was teaching him the right way to load the dishwasher and he cracked me up when he said, "Mom, I'm having fun helping you, but doing dishes is kind of gross. I mean, you have to touch stuff that people had in their mouths!" I had to laugh because I totally agree! I don't think he's going to be a dentist.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great idea! I was hoping to see a picture of the chart! :)

Candi said...

Great idea to call it a "love 2 help" chart. That alone would make me want to pitch in.

Veronica Peterson said...

Wow-Tyler is so big he can wash dishes now.

Michelle said...

So cute...can you make me one and forget to put my name on it? :)

Michelle said...

what is # 7 on the list??

Monty and Kristin said...

number 7 is trash! My boys always leave trash around...like string cheese wrappers, raisin boxes, candy wrappers...anyway...number 7 is trash...it needs to be put in the TRASH!!

Jennifer said...

LOVE the chart! thanks for the picture! I didn' know you were so crafty!!!! :)