My Blog List

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Camping--coastal style!

So, after feeling bad that we'd never taken our boys camping we finally broke down and bought a tent and sleeping bags for everyone and just did it!







The tent proved to be a challenge, but eventually we were able to get it up and start the fire for the hot dogs!
Every time I've gone camping there were plenty of sticks laying around to roast hot dogs so I didn't bother bringing hangers! Heck...I was ready for the "whole" experience! Well, obviously I've never been camping on the coast! There was not a branch anywhere! Go figure! Live and learn...next time!! Thankfully the boys were happy just getting hot dogs roasted on the grill and looking on the bright side at least we didn't have anyone lose a hot dog to the fire.










The next morning we took the tent down and decided to go explore the city of Cambria. It was so beautiful! So relaxing. We took the boys to the tide pools and enjoyed the perfect weather! Camping trip one--success!



6 comments:

Candi said...

How fun! Looks like you guys had a great time. We're doing a little "camping" ourselves this weekend, but we couldn't find a place warm enough so we're roughin' it and getting a heated cabin. It will still be fun.

Michelle said...

Looks like the scenery was terrible!! I told Dustin that we need to go camping soon I think Christian may enjoy it at this age. I love the pic of you and Trey, you look BEAUTIFUL!! Did I ever tell you that I wanted to consider Cambria for a little girls name because I loved I there, But your brother wasn't feelin it! :)

Jennifer said...

LOVE the camping trip....I think I will enjoy your pictures instead of venturing out on a camping trip with the fam. though...for know. It's still too cold, so I have a good excuse!
:) I agree with Michelle...the pic and you and Trey is fabulous!

Beth said...

Okay I 've officially decided that you guys do a lot of fun things with your kids. You are so adventurous. Camping with a baby is a lot harder. We did it a few times last year, and I decided that next time I go camping Luke has to be walking. Way to go! Looks like fun.

Veronica Peterson said...

The pics are awesome!! The boy's all look grow up.

sunny said...

Holy cow KRISTEN! Yeah! I was just thinking about you a few weeks ago! This is Sunny - Flynn! Oh my goodness - so glad I found your blog! Your family is very cute and so fun that you have 5 boys! You look amazing!